Well Winter is here! And I am sure your skin and hair can feel it too, so it’s time to get them moisturized! With this blog we will be covering dry, dull skin and ways to keep it hydrated and well nourished. Apart from that we will also be sharing 2 easy DIY masks to help if you run out of products. It is not inevitable to have dry winter skin! You may be able to keep your skin soft, smooth, and vibrant all winter long by making some changes to your skin care regimen and habits, as well as using the right products.
The cold air steals moisture from your skin during this time of year, causing it to become dry, itchy, and irritable. Most women are unsure whether they can maintain their smooth and glowing skin in such circumstances. If you are one of them, we are here to give you some much needed tips that will save your skin!
Let’s begin with the basics:
- Hydrate your skin: It is so important to keep your dry skin hydrated regularly, and it includes both internal and external hydration. Meaning, drink tons of water because it will make your skin look healthier. Make sure to also use hydrating moisturizers or cream that have a high level of water content or similar. Not taking in enough fluid can affect the appearance of your skin and also make it more susceptible to drying out.
- Oil your hair regularly: during winters our scalp tends to become dry, flaky, and prone to dandruff due to which we sometimes may skip out of oiling hair. but it is important to nourish the scalp with different oils and natural ingredients that will soothe the scalp. If you ask your dadi/nani she will give you her ancestral hair oil recipe, that is made with tons of hair friendly ingredients. However, don’t overdo it with the oil, once a week is good enough or else going too hard results in build up on scalp. And post that make sure to wash off that oil using our Untangled Shampoo and Hydrating conditioner
- Choose the correct products: during winter it is easy to mistake your combination skin for dry or otherwise. Due to the cold, it is common for all skin types to face dry, cracked, or capped skin. Hence make sure to use products made for your skin and consisting of natural ingredients that don’t hurt your skin barrier. For e.g.: our dry skin cleanser is formulated with Pomegranate, Tulsi, Almond, Hibiscus, Rose and more! This cleanser does the job and maintains your skins pH levels while restoring moisturize. https://www.curlcure.in/productirani/dry-skin-face-cleanser-100-natural-do-it-yourself
Our Hair Milk strengthens and repairs your hair while giving a deep condition that is much needed during these cold winters! Goodness of Aloe vera, Banana & Oats that gives a refreshing break to your locks.
4. Don’t miss out on feet: Choose glycerin-based creams and petroleum jelly to moisturize your feet. Also, make sure you exfoliate the skin on your feet occasionally so that it can absorb the moisturizer easily. Our Almond Oats foot Ubtan is made for times like these! It gently exfoliates your dry, cracked feet and leaves them feeling soft! With the goodness of almond, oats, ubtan, tomato and wild turmeric, use it weekly for best results.
5. Use a mask for that cold barrier: make it a weekly masking session with our masks that help moisturize and nourish your skin. Our skin power pack consisting of Tomato, Walnut, Cocoa, and a whole lot of different powerful skin ingredients. These helps soothe skin irritation, reduce dark spots and bring out a radiant glow. When you apply a mask regularly it helps give a break to your skin, and is a wholesome cleansing experience.
We promised you easy DIY recipe so here you go, tey and let us know in comments what you feel!
- DIY Skin Mask-
- Take milk cream and honey in equal proportions
- Mix the two to form a paste
- Apply it evenly on the face and neck area
- Let it sit for around 25 minutes
- Rinse it off
Mask that sounds delicious and heals the skin even better! Honey is an excellent natural hydrant. Milk cream, on the other hand, helps to even out dull and patchy skin and reduces the appearance of spots caused by dehydrated skin in the winter. They work together to ensure that the skin glows and looks even better than before.
- DIY Hair Mask:
- Combine 1 banana, 1 tbsp honey and 1 egg
- Mix well to form a mask consistency
- Apply generously on hair and massage for 20 mins
- Wash off to reveal soft, hydrated hair
Banana is a well known moisturizing ingredient and egg helps soften your hair. The smell might not be the best but the effects will be! Try weekly for best results!
These are some of the most important tips you must remember. Apart from these- Moisture your skin well, don’t forget your SPF, Don’t forget your lips and hands, Limit the use of hot water and soap. Layer up so yourself and your skin care too at bedtime to see a difference in mornings. Resist the urge to panic-buy a cabinet full of lotions and potions after the first gust of bitterly cold winter wind! This combination of hydrating, natural products, home remedies, and top living tips will keep your skin healthy, happy, and glowing all winter.
Happy Curling! Grab a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the winters!